Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

I finally got a real accounting job!  Woo hoo!  I will be working at Carr, Riggs & Ingram CPA firm in Enterprise, AL.  It is an amazing accounting firm.  They have offices all over the Southeast and employ over 600 employees!  I am so excited that I get to work there!

I am a little sad to leave my tutoring job.  I know it is just part time, but I really enjoy it.  I have gotten to know some of the students and will really miss helping them.  But, it is time for me to move on.

I am most excited that I can finally get my own apartment in Enterprise.  My Grandeen, however, thinks that's a waste of money and can just not understand why a 22 year old college graduate who has lived on her own for the past 4 years wouldn't want to live at home with her mother.  So, here are just a few of the many reasons that I need to move out!

  1. Sharing Diet Cokes with others.  I need there to be cold Diet Cokes in the fridge at ALL times.  That is not always the case now.
  2. Waiting on my sister to get out of the shower.  I get up when my alarm goes off, but can't start getting ready because someone is STILL in the shower.
  3. I have no idea where all of my stuff is.  My room is too small for all of my belongings, so I have some stuff at my Mom's, some at my Dad's, and some at my grandparent's.
  4. My Mom's cleaning sprees.  I leave things strategically placed around the house, so that my room doesn't get too cluttered.  Then, Mom goes on these cleaning sprees and it all winds up in a pile on my bed.
  5. Slow internet.  I know I complained about Comcast when I lived in Tuscaloosa, but man do I miss the days when it didn't take an hour to load a YouTube video.  
Believe it or not there are some things that I will miss about living at home.
  1. Raymond.  I'm really going to miss the little guy…the cat hair not so much.
  2. No bills.  Definitely going to miss that and using Mom's credit card to buy groceries.
  3. Magen's quotes.  Bless her heart…she's so blonde and says the funniest things.  I'm keeping a list so I may have to blog about them one day (she will probably kill me though).   
Don't get me wrong…I love my mom and sister, we just all get along better when we don't live together haha!  I will only be 30 minutes away, so I can visit often (and still eat at Howard's on Thursday nights).

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I know your mom will miss you, but it will be good for you both. Your mom and I lived together for 2 years at Huntingdon. Good times, good times..... Congratulations on the job.

    ReplyDelete