Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Hi!  So, apparently I've become a creative person.  This is probably really shocking to everyone who knows me.  I was the kid in high school that made an A+ in calculus and a B in art...haha.  But, the other day I found this:
(Borrowed from http://attemptingcreative.blogspot.com/)
and thought it was the coolest thing ever (except for the fact that it's Auburn).  I decided that I just had to have one with the Alabama fight song.  So, I found this Subway Art Tutorial on the same blog and figured that it didn't look that difficult, all I needed was a cricut :).

After some research, I found the Silhouette SD.

It's like a cricut, except it hooks up to your computer and doesn't use any cartridges.  It comes with free software that allows you to either download images from the online library for $0.99 or use any image available to you on the internet.  It's a bit pricier than the cricut, but I think it will be cheaper in the long run since you don't have to buy cartridges for it.

Somehow I was able to convince my Mom that we needed one at our house (thanks Mom!), and now I'm just sitting around waiting for it to get here (hence the title).  So, yeah I'm pretty excited about it.  I feel confident that everything in our house will be monogrammed before too much longer :)

Back to my subway art idea...I've been playing around with the layout in Word and realized that it's going to be a little trickier than I thought.  Apparently Yea Alabama has way more words than the Auburn fight song.  They had to keep Auburn's really short so that the fans could remember the words (sorry I just couldn't help myself haha).  But, I'm sure after playing around with it some more, I'll be able to make it work.  I just need my Silhouette to get here!  I'll keep you posted on how my artwork goes!  




  


3 comments:

  1. I bet the Bama one will be better than the AU one!! Haha can't wait to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like the Silhouette! I've been wanting a Cricut but didn't want to always have to buy the cartridges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I will if I ever get it! I'm getting a little impatient!

    ReplyDelete