Thursday, August 15, 2013

Stitch Fix #1

I was SO excited to see that Stitch Fix box on my porch when I got home from work yesterday!  It was like Christmas!  A box full of presents just for me! 


For those of you wondering 'what in the world is Stich Fix?', here are the details:
  • Stitch Fix is basically an online styling service that sends you items based on your style profile (Awesome right!) 
  • You pay a $20 styling fee that can be applied to your items if you choose to purchase any of them.
  • You get a 25% discount if you decide to keep all 5 items in your box.
  • You have 3 days to decide what you want to keep, and you return the items you don't want in a prepaid bag.  Stitch Fix only charges your credit card for the items you want to keep.
  • Stitch Fix has a great referral program that gives you a $25 credit for everyone that signs up using your referral link. 
Want to try it out???  Just click this link to take you to stitchfix.com.

Unfortunately, when I opened my first box, I was a little disappointed.  I kinda expected that after reading other reviews.  They say that each box gets better because you review the items you receive online, and the stylists get a better idea of what you like and don't like.

So here is what I received in my box and my thoughts on each item:

#1 - Pink Martini Mia Bird Print Front Pocket Tank {$48} 

I liked the overall idea of this shirt...but I just don't do birds (see the Meet Jessica page for explanation).  Also, I think $48 is a little expensive for a tank like this.  Verdict: Not a keeper

#2 - Kensie Johnny Skinny Jeans {$88}

I LOVED these jeans!  They have just the right amount of stretch in them to make them fit perfectly.  I think they will look great with boots this fall.  They are a little pricey, but worth it!  Verdict:  Keeper!


#3 - Chris & Carol Josse Foldover Waist Maxi Skirt {48}

No...just no.  This was definitely not my style at all.  It was also very poor quality.  You could see straight through it when I tried it on.  Verdict: Sending it back for sure!


#4 - Ellison Alyssa Striped Stud Detail Collared Top {48}


This shirt is cute but boring.  It fit well…but I have enough boring stuff in my closet already.  Another turn off was that is was made of this really thick material, almost sweater like.  You can't wear that in South Alabama in the summer!  Verdict: Not a keeper


#5 - Art Deco Necklace {42}


I just didn't like this necklace at all.  That's really all I have to say about that!  Verdict: Going back

Side Note: Stitch Fix also sends these neat styling cards to show you what to wear with the item you received.



Even though I didn't really love everything in my box, it was really fun!  The idea of a stylist actually picking out clothes for me was really exciting.  I'm definitely going to give it another try.  Hopefully, my next box will be better!

My mom also signed up!  Check back for a post on her box soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment